Join Us for Our 22nd Annual Pumpkin Fest 2016
From September 25- October 31
Sat. and Sunday – 10-5
Weekdays, please call for a reservation, 613-833-2417.
- Crystal, face-painting artist Picnic area (indoor and outdoor)
- Hay structures Snack bar and canteen (or bring your own picnic)
- Tree house and slides Farm boutique featuring maple, honey, and homemade
- John Deere tricycle tractors Pyramids, walls, and bins of pumpkins
- Pedal buggies Plenty of parking
- Play parks
- Children’s show
- Family-friendly wagon ride through the mysterious forest
- Visit the petting farm: Touch, feed & learn
- 2 haunted houses
- Inflatable bounce house from Circus Delights
- Art contest (3-11 years). Make us a farm-themed picture and bring it with you. Judging and prizes at 12:00.
- Costume contest (judging starts at 1:30)
- Snack bar and canteen (or bring your own picnic)
- Farm boutique featuring maple, honey, and home made jams
- Picnic area (indoor and outdoor)
- Pyramids, walls, and bins of pumpkins
- Plenty of parking
Book a birthday party during PumpkinFest for an extra-special outing.
Weekend Program Pricing
|Oct. 1 to Oct. 2||Oct. 8 to Oct. 30|
|36 months and under||Free||Free|
|37 months to 6 years||$10||$11|
|7 and older||$14||$15|
|Family rate, 2 adults, 2 children||$50||$55|
|Larger groups (birthday parties/ group celebrations by reservation only)|
|40 or more||$11/person||$12/person|
|Week day program (by reservation only)||$8/person||$8/person|
For additional information or help planning your visit, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone : 613-833- 2417 (leave us a message with your details if you don’t get us).
Visit our farm store to find a feast of fall products, including maple syrup, honey, jams, pickles, pickled beets and pickled beans, salsa, relish and squash.
Choosing a Pumpkin for Decorating or Carving
To find the perfect Jack ‘o Lantern pumpkin, choose one that is large and heavy with a flat bottom. The flesh should be firm and free of soft spots, cuts or bruises, with the stem well-attached. Keep it in a cool, dry spot, avoiding frost. Outside under a covered porch is ideal, but rest the pumpkin on a wooden surface. Avoid storing it directly on cement or metal.
Choosing a Pumpkin for Pumpkin Pie or other Desserts
Smaller sugar pumpkins are also called pie pumpkins because they are a sweeter variety cultivated for eating. They are smaller than decorating pumpkins, usually 6-10 inches in diameter. They are less stringy, fleshier, and less watery with a smoother texture than decorative pumpkins. If you plan to make a dessert with pumpkin, be sure to ask for sugar pumpkins. As with decorating pumpkins, choose a firm pumpkin with no soft spots or signs of rot.
The uncommon white lumina pumpkin makes a striking addition to your Halloween decor. Gourds are
not edible but are used for fall decorating.